It looks even worse on... not flattering.
So I laid it out on the floor and set about working out what bits I needed to change to make this top a skirt... before I made much of a start, I did have a bit of a setback... Lola seemed to think It was only fit for making into a dog bed.
Once I'd booted her off, I ruthlessly sliced off the whole top part of the top, down to the bottom of the neckline.
Then simply sewed up both sides to make a skirt shape that fitted my arse. I hemmed the top voila... one skirt!
It's not perfect, and I won't be winning any prizes for my sewing skills, but here it is! Now I just need to find somewhere to wear it!