I'm loving the new BG Wassail range and even though it's a Christmas line, i'm sure it's going to be excellent for all sorts of themes, but for my first page I went for something inbetween! It's snow, but it was nowhere near Christmas!! For the lettering i've embossed some Doodlebug sticker letters - a really fun and easy technique that i thought i'd share here too!
1. Select your chosen letters, i've used Doodlebug Hopscotch sticker alphas, but you could use an that are cardstock based - BasicGrey monograms would be awesome for this!
2. Cut out the letters you need for your title and put them inside your chosen Cuttelbug embossing folder. I love dots so this one is perfect!
3. Run through your Cuttlebug.
4. Use your chosen sanding tool (I love my BasicGrey Precision File Set) to sand back some of the raised areas.
5. And voila! Your finished letters....
6. I think they look pretty cool in situe too!
What a brilliant idea Katy , if youve got a cuttlebug and embossing folder... ! A lovely LO too , loving that Wassail range , thanks for letting me stroke it recently!
ooh those letters are brilliant, and the page is stunning!!! xxx
Oh wow! I am going to have to try that out on some BG letters I have sitting, thanks!!
What a fantastic idea.I will have to have a go.
I have bg monograms sitting around unused, I have cuttlebug, I have embossing folder. Think I really should have a go at this one! Great effect!
Post a Comment